Thursday, January 28, 2010

Why Does Packing Tape Smell Like Vinegar How To Keep Cats Off My Desk?

How to keep cats off my desk? - why does packing tape smell like vinegar

Ive got two kittens 5 months into my room in my apartment. Unfortunately, I have to stay in my room because the roommate. However, I do not want to think on my desktop for several reasons. I have some stripes with the sticky side up. He has just the upper right of it. I tried to tape on a piece of paper, put it arrived, he found the paper with them. It has nothing to propose (the paper and immediately went back). Ive tried the squirt bottle, it pisses them off easy. I have also tried to clean with a citrus cleaner, worked sparked about 10 minutes, until the smell.

My table was next to my window and I can get on the window sill (which maintains and keeps you awake during the day). You can only assume that they go wherever they want.

Ive got my two monitors, my external hard drive, and my 5.1 speaker system on my desktop, and more channels and more. I really can not put a bucket with water, as some believe.

They have a bed, TV, wardrobe and shelves for climbing andI play with them at least one hour per day, if not more.

Suggestions?

11 comments:

SuperN said...

Some tips for you. I think the trick here is consistency. Squirt bottles, but you have to spray to say: "NO!" and placed them under the table. Whenever I see there.

In addition, you can try to take off the chair and away from the table while you are not using the computer, allowing them to jump higher to get there. You can always, but the effort is not worth it (especially if you receive it) streams.

Can you imagine an aisle seat for cats? They sell things at the headquarters of some pets sometimes just for this purpose. You can head over to the window and under the table when there was more room for expansion. A picture of the plant or other window mounting hardware might work equally well.

Good luck!

Leafy said...

Because they are so much space to play with others, why allow the windowsill, anyway?

If allowed by the table, but not on them, you're just confusing the poor things.

Give them is when they play in other areas of your home and growl when they reach his desk.

As a last resort, you might consider for your desktop with a shock collar thread.

JustChil... said...

Well, the problem is that the boys know that they are permitted on the windowsill, and as you said, your office near the window? While this may be confusing ... You can keep them out of windows / office space ... or the furniture a bit ... That is all I can think about: S. ..

【☮】 said...

When you see them on your desktop, and then they complain to another area.

In addition, they allow the window of his office, but it could be confusing for the poor. I suppose if all else fails, you must move the table elsewhere.

Christin... said...

Try to help in aluminum foil. Cats hate makes the noise when they jump on to. It is used in a popular trick for stubborn cat, train yourself out of the kitchen counters and tables. There is no reason not to work for your computer. Good luck! : O)

St N said...

Cats rule, man. The desktop only move themselves. It may be necessary to build a box on your desktop, the monitors, keyboards and everything else, so you can place your orders to be placed on coverage.

ashley said...

Something obviously draws up there. It could be something hidden behind his desk, he is so curious. Or perhaps, like any other kittens are just curious.

lucyyygi... said...

try toys. Purchase one of those things that cats can climb and have holes ... idk what they're called, but sold PetSmart. I think that sell things that prevent certain types of spray water to animals a funuture!

boo24bea... said...

That can not work, but if they reach his desk, shouting "No !!!!!" they take and put it where some can be. Or try your office.

Good luck

Chocolate D said...

Spray bottles, such as PetSmart Store Sales of this product, which abuts cats. It is entirely together plants that are bad for the cats to lick - not bad for them or anything, just smelly. In some cases this work can keep the cats far beyond the limits of their equipment. It is also very helpful in selecting a similar position and put a little catnip or what it feels good. If the area valiant stink, put them in the scent, and finally, you get the drift.

(Do not worry, it smells bad - the most common cats and their noses are more sensitive to odor, so you do not do much. It seems odd that the smell even worse.)

LAWDAWG said...

slide it out the window.

Post a Comment